Meet Our Associate - Katie
Editor’s Note: Every day, Veritude associates work in a variety of temporary or contract roles that vary by skill, level and length according to the needs of the business at Fidelity Investments. Whether it’s a temporary job lasting a few months or several years, or a temp-to-hire placement, we are truly grateful for the talented individuals that contribute to the firm and/or to Veritude directly.
Meet Our Associate was created as way to highlight some of the professionals who have chosen to contribute, grow and develop here.
- Meet Our Associate:
- HR Associate
- Started at Veritude:
- August, 2015
- Katie, what would you tell a friend about working at Veritude?
- You will forget you are a temporary associate! As a Veritude associate, you are eligible for so many benefits – even some Fidelity perks too! I have worked for other temporary agencies and no one treats their associates better than Veritude and Fidelity. I think other companies have this stigma of being “the temp” and that mentality just doesn’t exist here. Veritude associates are valued and appreciated, and I think it adds to Fidelity’s company culture.
- What Veritude alums have you met along the way? Do you still keep in touch?
- I first started with Veritude in 2015 in a six week training class of about 15 or so Veritude associates. The vast majority of them converted to full-time positions in their roles. I was still interested in exploring other opportunities so I transitioned roles to a different business unit in a different state but I still keep in touch with many of them to this day! This is a story I hear over and over again from Veritude associates and alums alike, which I think is wonderful.
- What piece of advice would you give to someone just starting with Veritude?
- Make the most of it! The beauty of being a temporary associate with Fidelity is all the networking opportunities. Fidelity is so huge, and there are so many opportunities to learn about all the different business units. Join the Employee Resource Groups, learn about someone else’s role, and grow as much as you can.
- What’s the best career advice you were ever given?
- One of my business professors in college was talking about leadership and said “Anyone can be a leader. Doesn’t matter who you are or what you do, but be a leader in whatever role you sign up for. Never stop asking questions. Own your responsibilities and ask for more. Make mistakes and constantly learn at every opportunity. Empower the people around you to be better, and in doing so, you will be better.”
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? Who said it?
A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.– Henry Kissinger
- What is your favorite hobby or pastime outside of work?
- I love to go hiking, no matter what season it is. Some of my favorite hikes have been a winter hike up Mt. Washington and a summer hike up Mt. Katahdin.
- Which social media channel do you use the most?
- That’s a tough one – probably Pinterest! I love pinning new ideas, projects and places.
After interviewing Katie, we decided to ask a couple of her co-workers about what it's like to work with her. Here's what they had to say:
Katie brings a wonderful, can-do attitude our team. She is always upbeat and willing to help out. We are fortunate to have her!
Katie is an important part of the HR team and is very valued and respected by myself and her peers.
Katie is a valuable resource on the team. She is knowledgeable, has a positive attitude, and is a very hard worker. She is also always ready to lend a helping hand. We are lucky to have her!
Thank you Katie for choosing Veritude!